Thursday, March 5, 2015

Relaunch

Yikes! I abandoned this blog pretty abruptly last time, huh? "All's well, don't worry!"... Radio Silence for years. Whoops.

Well, for anyone still wondering (and if in fact you are, we probably don't know each other), I made it back from Palestine just fine. And as it turns out, I head to Iraq in just under a week. I just managed to re-read this entire blog, including my apparently habitual lack of planning, packing, and preparing... which is where I stand now. I leave next week, Wednesday, and by the looks of my room, I'm not going anywhere fast. So I'll have to get to work on that this weekend. 

For those I haven't connected with yet about it, I'm headed to Iraq to work for a big civil society building project--- in non-NGO parlance, I'm working on a project that helps community organizations be more effective. I'll be there for 7 months (headed back home Oct. 16), and I'll be doing Grant Reporting and Communications-- finally putting that Journalism degree to use. 

I thought about starting up a new blog, but I sort of like the idea of maintaining continuity. Pictures may be a bit more scarce this time around, as travel will be pretty restricted for obvious security reasons, but wherever possible, I'll snap photos and post them. 

I'll fly into Erbil, the administrative capital of the semi-autonomous Kurdish region of Northern Iraq, where I'll be for the first 4-6 weeks. From there, I'll head to Baghdad, and spend some time in the office there. 

Anyway... back to work. Just wanted to hit the official "relaunch" button on this blog so I could send it out to every.

No comments:

Post a Comment