Sunday, May 3, 2015

Calling all travelers

I have 9 days of leave in about two weeks, and I'm trying to decide where to go. Does anyone have suggestions of fun, safe, relatively cheapish destinations in the Middle East or Europe? I'm going to do Turkey over a long weekend since it's so close, and have plans to do Jordan in late summer/early fall, but I have this practically free vacation time so I want to see somewhere I've never seen if possible.

Places I've been (and thus don't want to go again just yet):
Tunisia, Israel/Palestine, Netherlands (and Iraq, though that would hardly qualify as a vacation since I live here)
Man, looking at it on a map sure reminds me how little I've seen

I'm eyeballing France, Italy, Spain, Lebanon, Greece, Georgia... I briefly contemplated heading in the other direction toward India... and am definitely open to suggestions. Thoughts, anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment